« Home | Sail Away, Baby » | Qumana » | New Look » | Gerard » | make the difference » | ranking | hanging » | one year » | worth? » | conjunctivitis » | awake » 

Monday, November 21, 2005 

Gremlins

Experiencing lots of technical difficulties lately.

I've had problems with upgrading my RAM. Solved this last night. My home PC is now purring along with 2GB of RAM. =)

The problems with installing the RAM somehow knocked out my wireless PCI card. But, I have a new one, thanks to Stationery Girl - Saving the World one Plastic Folder at a time!™. =) It works great!

I got around to replacing my Lexar CF card. It's my third card. It also 'failed' on my, like the previous two - the "CHA" message on my D70. Switched to my SanDisk, which worked fine.

Or so I thought.

Uploaded the photos to my PC. There were no EXIF entries for any of my photos. This includes the date the photos were taken. *sigh* So, looks like my CFs cards are not the only problem. =(

Got to hunt down these gremlins and exterminate them.

Update 1: Looks like the EXIF problem is due to the fact that I do not have the Nikon software installed. Wanted to buy it but John 3:16 Photo Supplies in Funan is still waiting for stock. Can get it elsewhere but J3:16 quoted a cheaper price.

Update 2: My SB-800 flashgun has given up the ghost. 'Tis the season of mechanical and electrical failure. I'm having a McLaren season.

Update 3: Consulted the manual. Decided to take my own advice to many people - RTFM. After a complicated combination of button presses, akin to some Playstation game key sequence, my flash returned to normality. Wonder how it got to be like that in the first place.

Reflections

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from acroamatic. Make your own badge here.

Previous Cave Drawings

  • Sail Away, Baby
  • Qumana
  • New Look
  • Gerard
  • make the difference
  • ranking | hanging
  • one year
  • worth?
  • conjunctivitis
  • awake
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Creative Commons License
Some rights reserved. Third-party content may come under other Creative Commons Licenses or generic Copyright regimes.