« Home | sevens | something right for the wrong reasons » | job career life » | sporting calamity » | promise? » | :( » | marathon » | munich » | progress » | of blogs and entries » | singapore national education part 94 » 

Thursday, April 01, 2004 

semi-naked hunks playing with balls

aka the new zealand sevens team trains at the padang

I woke up this morning and read in the ST that New Zealand gave a rugby clinic to kids at the Padang and that England trained there too. No times were specified, so I wondered if I should just try my luck at the Padang today. I figured, if neither of the teams were there, there might be a chance some of the other teams might use the pitch.

When I got to the Padang, it was empty. Anyway, it was superb weather - haven't seen a decent blue sky in Singapore for a while. So, I started snapping the CBD skyline, with the Singapore Cricket Club in the foreground. I spent quite a few minutes fiddling with my camera and lenses. When I turned around...

A team clad in blue and white adidas jerseys were at the bleachers, warming up. Samoa? A closer look... spotted Eric Rush: NEW ZEALAND! Happily snapped away for the next hour or so. =)

And no, this is not an April Fool's joke...

Here you go!


teaser


ready for sprints
ready for sprints


smile when you pass the ball
smile when you pass the ball


taking drills seriously
taking drills seriously


scrums and bums
scrums and bums


warming up
warming up


the fellowship discussed how to take on mount swissotel
the fellowship discussed how to take on mount swissotel


pass it to me!
pass it to me!


help me search for my contacts...
help me search for my contacts


what are YOU looking at?
what are YOU looking at?


bro, you've taken this male bonding thing a little too far...
bro, you've taken this male bonding thing a little too far...


to pass or not to pass?
to pass or not to pass?


cooling off
cooling off


yes, coach
yes, coach


what's a little singaporean humidity to a kiwi?
what are YOU looking at?

Reflections

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from acroamatic. Make your own badge here.

Previous Cave Drawings

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Creative Commons License
Some rights reserved. Third-party content may come under other Creative Commons Licenses or generic Copyright regimes.